Submit form: extension of the PhD programme
Before submitting the form
- Make sure that the desired extension is due to scientific reasons (for extension due to leave, illness and part-time, please use the relevant forms)
- Fill in the agreement on extension and ask your principal supervisor to sign the agreement
- Scan the statement and upload it when completing the form.
Rules for extension
- All applications are assessed by the Head of the Graduate School, who will determine if an extension can be granted.
- Extension of your PhD programme can be granted for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months at a time. In total, your enrolment can be extended for a maximum of 2 years due to scientific reasons.
- You must have submitted all your regular assessments to the Graduate School when you apply for the extension.
- The Graduate School can only approve an extension of your enrolment. If you wish to apply for an extension of your employment, we ask you to contact your employer in order to discuss the possibilities.
- If you have a residence and work permit in Denmark, certain rules apply for extensions. Please contact International Staff Mobility for further information before submitting your application.
- The Graduate School does not distinguish between full time and part-time studies during an unpaid extension period. If you are in an unpaid extension and wish to study part-time, you do not need to inform the Graduate School.