Leave of absence
Apply for leave of absence
You can apply due to both academic and personal reasons
- Leave of absence is generally granted for a minimum of one month and a maximum of 12 months.
- Additional leave of absence is only granted in exceptional cases and only up to a maximum of another 12 months (a total of two years).
- Valid reasons for leave of absence include occupational leave, Basic Medical Education (KBU), personal reasons and military service.
- During the leave of absence you cannot participate in study related activities (participation in already planned courses may be granted an exemption).
- Your leave of absence must be approved by your principal supervisor and the superior at your place of employment.
- Applications for leave of absence must be submitted before the period of leave begins.
- If you have a residence and work permit in Denmark, certain rules apply for leave of absence. Please contact International Staff Mobility for further information before submitting your application.
Processing time of your application is approximately 14 days.
Industrial PhD students must enclose a pre-approval from Innovation Fund Denmark.