"There are some really good core facilities here and that was a factor in my decision to relocate my research group to Copenhagen. I work on frogs using the xenopus as a model and the facilities for frogs are really outstanding. There's also been significant investment leading to the creation of genuinely world class transgenic facilities."
Danstem, Danish Stem Cell Institute
The Faculty of Health Sciences boasts the largest animal laboratory in Northern Europe - the Campus Animal Research Unit.
The Faculty also oversees a number of other core facilities, providing unique resources to help our scientists develop their research methods and build up their expertise.
- Department of Experimental Medicine
- Biofilm Test Facility
- Chemical Biology & HTS Facility
- Core Facility for Flow Cytometry
- Core Facility for Transgenic mice
- Gammacell equipment (In Danish)
- Core Facility for NMR-scanning, part of Muscle Research Center
- Core Facility for Bioinformatics, Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research
- 3D Craniofacial Image Research Laboratory
- Substrat og SterilCentral (In Danish)
- Rodent Metabolic Phenotyping Center
- Core facility for Experimental Surgery
- Core facility for Integrated Microscopy
- Core facility for whole body Irradiation of Laboratory Animals
- Core facility for behavioral studies
- IVIS Core Facility