Online PhD Course: From idea to impact 2021
Do you have an excellent idea but don’t necessarily know how to convert it to an impact? From Idea to Impact is a training program giving you the tools and skills to process your idea further.
PhD students and specializing clinicians in any discipline can apply to this course with their own problems, which will be processed, improved and solved during the training program. Participants can also pick a problem to solve from a list of recent observations that has been collected in HUS Helsinki University Hospital.
The course will provide the necessary tools, support and mentoring. Based on the experience from two previous courses organized jointly by the University of Helsinki, HUS Helsinki University Hospital and Roche, From Idea to Impact 2021 will be more hands-on and with the student in focus. Interaction between students and teachers will be an essential part of this course.
Students will be assigned mentors who will help them develop their ideas. Mentors come from organizations such as Health Capital Helsinki (HCH), Helsinki Innovation Services (HIS) and HUS.
Information of the course:
- Target groups: all specializing clinicians and doctoral candidates of DSHealth and its partners in the Nordoc Network.
- Course credits: 3 ECTS for doctoral students
- Virtual presence in all sessions is obligatory, and if not possible to participate, acceptable justification for absence must be presented and compensatory home works will be assigned to make up for the missed session.
- Seven training sessions from April 7 to May 19 @ 16.00 – 18.00 and May 26 @ 16.00 – 19.00, and independent working
- Place: Online
- 1st Homework: Define your idea and envision how to bring it to reality. Please download the form and fill it with the details related to your idea. The final document should be max 2 pages long. Please submit the document to Moodle by 2.4.2021.
- 1st session 7.4. at 16-18
Let’s rock! / Samuel Myllykangas & Vincenzo Cerullo
- 2nd session 14.4. at 16-18
How to advance your idea / Anssi Tuulenmäki & Meet the Mentors
- 3rd session 21.4. at 16-18
The innovator’s ecosystem and toolkit / Visa Sippola & Dovile Kurmanaviciute
- 4th session 28.4. at 16-18
Understanding the competitive landscape / Petri Parvinen & Eveliina Jutila and Andrea Dichlberger / HIS
- 5th session 5.5. at 16-18
Planning your business and budget / Pekka Simula & Start working on your pitch
- 6th session 19.5. at 16-18
Perfect your pitch / Vincenzo Cerullo & Chiara Facciotto
- 7th session 26.5. at 16-19
Registration at https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/102442/lomakkeet.html
Students will be selected based on their motivation to attend the course and the goals they want to achieve through this training. Send the motivation letter with the e-form.
Deadline for application is March 1, 2021.
The course is organized by the University of Helsinki and HUS Helsinki University Hospital in collaboration with Roche Oy.