Innovation Day 2023
October 23, 2023, 13.00-17.00
The Pipeline Innovation team is pleased to invite to the annual SUND Innovation Day at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
The event is a celebration of the innovative minds and entrepreneurial spirit of researchers at UCPH. We bring together researchers, staff members, experts from the industry and venture capital. The day will give a unique opportunity to learn from inspiring pioneers in translational and innovative research:
- Keynote speeches from prominent researchers and entrepreneurs.
- Celebration of the role models at the faculty who are leading the way in innovation.
- The winners of the UCPH: BII Life Science Innovation Award 2023 will present their projects and be awarded with prizes.
Whether you are involved in research and innovation yourself or simply interested in learning from fellow researchers and seeking inspiration, join us for an inspiring afternoon with networking, drinks and snacks.
12.30: Arrival, network & coffee
13.00: Welcome & Introduction to the day
13.10: Why role models matter
- We will dive into the need for role models and talent, exploring their significance within and beyond academia. Discover what criteria are considered when recognizing and funding researchers, and gain insights into the qualities and attributes that guide these decisions.
13.20: Quick poll
13.25: Turning Research into Business: leading the way to University Spinouts
- Meet the seasoned researchers whose successful innovative journeys have resulted in university spinouts. They will share some of the critical elements that led to their success in transforming research breakthroughs into viable commercial ventures; topics such as identifying market opportunities, navigating intellectual property challenges, securing funding, assembling effective teams, and fostering innovation within the academic environment. Following the talk, they will debate how they as experienced innovators can inspire an encouraging culture of innovation and entrepreneurship at the faculty.
13.55 Break & Networking
14.10: Quick poll
14.15: Young Life science Innovators: From Discovery to Commercialization
- Meet young researchers who have successfully navigated the journey from innovation to commercialization in healthcare. They will share their stories of discovery, skill development, overcoming challenges, and achieving goals in bringing their research to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Explore their motivations, inspirations, and the unique benefits they have found in choosing this path over traditional research.
14.45: Improving the path
- The panel discusses learnings based on their own innovation experience on how universities and the investor landscape can improve the path from research to commercialization and impact. What strategies have proven effective among universities and investors in bringing research innovations to market and which areas still call for improvements?
15.05: Break & Networking
15.20: The UCPH: BII Life Science Innovation award
- The nominees pitch their innovative research projects and the winner is selected.
16.30: Closing remarks and Future Opportunities for Researchers at the Pipeline
16.35: Networking & Drinks