If you have compelling personal reasons for doing so, you can apply for a transfer from the degree programme on which you are currently enrolled on to a similar programme in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen.
The Faculty administrates transfers based on a restrictive practice. This means you will only be granted permission to be transferred if you meet the following requirements and if there are vacant places on the programme:
- You are applying to transfer to a similar programme in the health sciences.
- You have completed and passed the equivalent of all the elements of the first year of the programme you are applying for transfer to. If you do not meet this condition, your application will not be considered. Instead, you will be referred to the University of Copenhagen’s admission procedures for bachelor or master’s programmes.
- You have compelling personal reasons which can be documented.
Note that it is not possible to obtain an assessment in advance of whether you have passed the equivalent of one year of study. Please refer instead to the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences’ credit database and the programme curriculums. If you are in any doubt about whether you meet this requirement, it is recommended that you apply for both ordinary admission and transfer.
Your application must outline and elaborate on the reasons for your request for transfer, and you must attach supporting documentation.
The application must include:
- Information about your name, your Danish civil registration (CPR) number (if you have one), your phone number and your email address.
- The names of the degree programmes you are applying to be transferred from and to.
- Certified documentation showing that you have passed the necessary elements on your current programme. The documentation must show how many exam attempts you have used and their dates. The documentation must be stamped and signed by your current educational institution.
- Course and exam descriptions for all completed courses and exams on your current degree programme.
- A description of your compelling personal reasons for applying for a transfer.
- Documentation of your personal reasons for requesting the transfer, e.g. documentation of your own or your child’s illness requiring treatment at a hospital in the Copenhagen area.
Your application will not be considered if you have not attached all the above-mentioned documents.
|Study start 1 September:||Deadline 1 May|
|Study start 1 February:||Deadline 1 November|
Submit your application
Because our reply to your application may contain private information, it will be sent to you by post. Therefore, please include your postal address in your application.
Send your application to:Faculty of Health and Medical SciencesSection for Legality and Study Board Services (LOS)Department of Student Affairs (AUS)Blegdamsvej 3B, 2200 Kbh. NDenmark