Research Year Students – University of Copenhagen

PhD > Research Year Students

Research year students

Phasing out of research year in medical and odontology studies   

Medical and odontology students at SUND have for a number of years been able to take a research year at the Graduate School. However, due to the study progress reform and the new study activity rules at UCPH this is no longer possible.

The final deadline for registering for a research year at the Graduate School was 30 September 2016.

However, all research year students can up until 30 September 2017 apply for permission to participate in relevant courses at the Graduate School.    

Please direct any questions to

Read more about the new study activity rules in the article "Nye regler for studieaktivitet" (in Danish only).

Questions regarding study activity and leave of absence etc. may be directed to Student and Career Guidance at SUND:

» Supervisor requirements

» Courses

» Extend your research year

» How to write your research year project

» Submit your research year report